Sampletext’s Barley Soup
- 1/2 pound of “baby bella” mushrooms
- 2 handfuls of frozen broccoli
- 1 cup of soaked barley
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 whole onion, minced
- 1 whole bulb of garlic, minced
- Begin by turning on stovetop burner to medium-high, 7 is ideal.
- Get a large stock pot and place it on the burner, and splash olive oil on the bottom.
- Dump in mushrooms, broccoli, garlic and onions and cook for ~15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Dump in barley and tomato paste, and fill stock pot with water until desired thickness.
- Turn up heat to max, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and stir occasionally for 1 hour.